Hello! Now, I know I’ve been a bit slack of late with the ole’ blog posts but I assure you it’s for a very good reason! I recently had my 21st birthday (22nd April) and my boyfriend Lee surprised me with the most amazing birthday present ever – He’s taking me to DisneyWorld! I’m super duper excited and have completely thrown myself into planning the trip of a lifetime! We will be staying at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort for 2 weeks at the end of August/beginning of September. I’m currently in the process of researching which rides to fast-pass and desperately trying to get our dining reservations booked (which is proving difficult due to availability!)
If you’re staying in an on-site Disney hotel/resort, you can book your fast-passes 60 days in advance, that’s 30 days sooner than if you were staying off-site, which means hopefully more chance of getting the Fast-passes that you want!
These are the rides I’m looking at getting fast-passes for at the minute:
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – Magic Kingdom. BTM was my favourite ride when we went to Disneyland Paris in September last year so I’m excited to see what my favourite will be at Disneyworld as there are so many more rides than in Paris. I can’t wait to go on Big Thunder Mountain again, It’s the wildest ride in the wilderness!!
- Space Mountain – Magic Kingdom. In Paris ‘Space Mountain’ has been transformed into ‘Hyper-Space Mountain’ to fit in with the Star Wars theme in Discoveryland. However, Space Mountain in Florida looks completely different as a ride than the one in Paris. The carriages/cars are completely different than Hyper-Space Mountain as they are single-file rather than double. I’m excited to see how different the rides really are!
- Seven Dwarves Mine Train – Magic Kingdom. I’m really excited to try this one! Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was one of the Disney films I remember watching lots as a kid and I can’t wait to see the Jewel Mine in real life!
- Splash Mountain – Magic Kingdom. Splash Mountain is based on the Disney classic, ‘Song of the South’. I’m embarrassed to admit that I’ve never actually seen that one, but hopefully I’ll get a taste for it on the ride!
- Haunted Mansion – Magic Kingdom. I was really excited to go on the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland (or Phantom Manor as it’s called in Paris) and am even more excited to go on it at Disneyworld as it really looks the part. I am also going to keep an eye out for the engagement ring that’s set in the stone floor of the ride’s queue.
- Journey Of The Little Mermaid – Magic Kingdom – The Little Mermaid is another classic Disney movie that was one of my favourites growing up, I’ve heard lots about this ride and quite enjoy the rides where you just have to sit and take in everything around you, which this ride seems to be!
- It’s A Small World – Magic Kingdom. This was mine and Lee’s guilty pleasure in Paris, granted, it does get a little bit annoying when the song has been stuck in your head for approx 6 months after you come home, but its still good none the less! (Although, we did find our first time on the ride a little bit creepy!)
- Pirates Of The Caribbean – Magic Kingdom. I really loved the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland and m excited to experience it in Florida. I will be keeping my eye out for the real skeleton on this ride!
- Avatar Flight of Passage – Animal Kingdom. I’ve heard a lot of good things about the new Pandora part of AK and both Avatar rides. Very excited to hopefully go on them both!
- Na’vi River Journey – Animal Kingdom. I have seen an on-ride POV video of this ride on youtube and it just looks absolutely stunning. Can’t wait!
- Kali River Rapids – Animal Kingdom. This just looks awesome!
- Expedition Everest – Animal Kingdom. Looking forward to this one a lot! I’ve always seen this ride in youtube videos of DisneyWorld back when I used to dream of going one day (Which will be soon!)
- Dinosaur – Animal Kingdom. I quite like Dinosaurs… so yeah! Looking forward to this!
- Frozen Ever After – Epcot. It’s Frozen and it looks so pretty! Hopefully gonna give this one a go.
- Test Track – Epcot. The fastest ride on Disney property reaching speeds of almost 70mph- very exciting!
- Soarin – Epcot. I have a feeling this one is slightly similar to Flight Of Passage in the AK so would be good to do also!
- Toy Story Mania – Hollywood Studios. By the time we go to Disney, Toy Story Land will have opened which means possibly even more TS rides to choose from, but I’ve heard Toy Story Mania (Midway Mania) is really good and it’s technically a competition so myself and Lee can have a bit of fun competing against each other to get the highest score!
- Rock ’n Roller Coaster – Hollywood Studios. This was Lee’s favourite ride at Disneyland Paris and we ended up going on it about 12 times! I did enjoy it, however, because it’s so fast and the only ride on Disney property that goes fully upside down, I did get a bit of brain shake (and a headache!) after about the 6th time we went on! Perhaps I’ll leave Lee to the single rider queue if this happens again haha!
- Tower of Terror – Hollywood Studios. I really like these kinds of rides, the ones that drop and make your belly go! Lee, however, hates them which means it will have to just be me that braves the Tower of Terror! We didn’t do it in Paris for this reason but I feel I really should give it a go this time.
- Star Tours – This ride is pretty cool. It’s a simulator type ride and when we first went on it in Paris, we were confused as to why we needed seatbelts on a ride like that. It wasn’t until the ride started and I was nearly falling out of the seat that we realised why! Star Tours is insane for a simulator ride and I can’t wait to experience it again!
So that’s my main list for Fastpass options, I’m hoping we are lucky enough to get as many of our choices as possible, but of course, we don’t mind waiting in the queues if not! We will be doing all the rides we can possibly cram into our trip and are generally planning to really make the most of our first visit to Disneyworld!
There is also a long list of food and drinks that I want to try while we are there including:
- Citrus Swirl
- Funnel Cake
- A Giant Slice of Pizza
- Dole Whip
- Mickey Waffles
- Turkey Leg (they are HUGE)
- Proper Mac ’n Cheese
- “The Grey Stuff” (apparently it’s delicious)
- Aunt Liz’s Golden Fried Chicken
- Giant Pretzels
- Pretty much anything Mickey-Shaped
- A Waffle Fruit Sandwich
- Night Blossom drink
- Raspberry Lemonade Slushy
- Corn Dogs
- Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies
- Try a Beverly (I’ve heard it’s disgusting but when in Disney, It’s gotta be done!)
I also have a little Bucket List of things I want to do at Disney/Things I want to buy:
- Get as many pressed coins as I can (I collect pressed coins and there are literally hundreds of coin press machines at Disneyworld)
- Find/get a bag of Pixie Dust
- Pick a Pearl at the Japan Pavillion in Epcot
- Have our silhouette portraits done in Disney Springs (these are beautiful and such a nice keepsake!)
- Buy some Disney trading pins (I also collect these!)
- New Disney-themed necklace – I currently have a Minnie Mouse one that I got in Paris but the chain has started to oxidise!
- Perhaps a Disney suitcase?
- New Plushies
- A Disney Beach Towel (I’ve heard that they’re amazing!)
- Get my ‘first visit’ badge
- See as many shows/firework displays as possible
- Anything else I fall in love with!
So, that’s my plans so far for Disneyworld, I will keep you all updated in the coming weeks!
Is there anything you think I should try, buy or do in Disneyworld? Let me know in the comments below!
See you soon,
… and a good time we are going to have! Whoop Whoop!
So jealous about this one hard gift to beat but Im so glad you are going as I know how much have wanted to, you never know you might have to go twice
[…] We’re Going To DisneyWorld! […]